Final Board appointment

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:12:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 1:02 PM, John Babich <jmbabich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent choice! Congratulations, Chris!

We've got so many different education related ideas floating around,
that it will be extremely helpful to have someone on the board who can
run point and bring the area into focus into a cohesive overarching
vision, both inwardly and outwardly.

We've a real need to get a handle on contributor training in a very
wide sense. Not just how to train people for our own immediate needs
(and we do need to do that), but also how open source is used in
traditional classroom situations so people gain experience with the
codebase, as well as how to teach the methodology and best practices
of open source development

I'm hoping Chris can be that person.   Not to put pressure on him or
anything, but its his ball to drop, his vase to shatter, his dogteam
to lead onto a thin sheet of ice and then plunge into the icy river
below...etc..etc.

-jef