Fedora Board election results

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 23:33:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:47:07 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 20:44 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > Do you feel that every Red Hat employee is the same person, and that we
> > > all have the same opinions and ideals?  Is our getting a paycheck from
> > > Red Hat somehow make us less interested in seeing Fedora be the greater
> > > good for the greater community?  Is there no way to get past this
> > > prejudice ?
> >
> > At this point I could only shake my head in disbelief.
> > "Prejudice"??? No, certainly not. People like Ralf are long enough
> > part of the community to vote based on personal experience.
>
> Sounds exactly like the definition of prejudice.  He has prejudged the
> worthiness of a candidate based on employer.

Wrong.

Wrong, because you don't take into account that there were only three
well-known RH employees to choose from. They are no newcomers. One can
judge about them based on their previous activity.

Added on top of the judgement, there is the personal preference to give
non-RH reps a voice, since RH occupies several non-elected seats in the
board already. Don't twist the words. The quote is at the top. The goal
is to strengthen the community, not to fight Red Hat employees. It can
be called fairness. Or tactical voting, as one could fill only four
seats and could not give all eight a chance. One simply had to prefer
four out of eight.

> Doesn't matter how much personal experience he has.

Sure it does, especially if it's personal experience in knowing particular
persons already.  [here I don't know whether *you* have been in contact
with Ralf before or whether you only jump on the band-wagon]

> As long as this knee-jerk prejudice is shown in debates, there will be
> knee-jerk responses.

Ask Shadowman and jump over your shadow, man.