The Debian/Ubuntu SSL bug

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue May 13 19:10:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 01:04:11PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

 > Also, how many times does a patch get added because someone saw it in
 > the 'Debian' or 'SuSE' trees and it looked like it 'fixed' something?

I really hope cargo-culting of other distros patches doesn't happen
a lot, (especially for anything important) without at least one person
who maintains that package understanding the reason why that patch
is important.

"Because debian did" really should never be an excuse for committing something.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk