Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:41:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:44 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 17:27 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 May 2008, seth vidal wrote:
>>
>> > Red Hat Linux 10 cannot be in there ,actually.
>> >
>> > Sulphur is the name of a linux distribution release Red Hat Linux 10
>> > has not yet been the name of a linux distribution release.
>> >
>> > :)
>>
>> /me grumbles....
>>
>> /me thinks.....
>>
>> /me tries again....
>>
>> "Sulphur" and "Red Hat Linux 10" are both the names of Linux
>> distributions that Red Hat or a Red Hat owned Project were planning to
>> release.
>>
>> Sulphur actually was released.  Red Hat Linux 10 never was, but I'm sure
>> that at some point it was "planned".  :)
>>
>> /me throws down the gauntlet.
>>

> I'd need evidence that anyone was planning on releasing Red Hat Linux
> 10. It seems to me that the following is true:

Hmmmm the only person I could say would have it would be Jay Turner or
other QA guys who would have had it on the "Board of DOOOOOM". I would
probably say that it wasn't on there as 7.3/8/9 were oddly named
compared to history. Darn it.. I just realized a name that matches
with Sulphur

Sulphur is something people associate with magic
Halloween is something people associate with magic.

[And thus we come full circle with 10 being 0 being...]

>  1. red hat never preannounced version numbers, release names or dates
> for the Red Hat Linux line of products
>  2. It is not obvious that there was EVER going to be a Red Hat Linux 10
> given lots of things about 8 and 9 ;)
>
> /me runs
> -sv

Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux