Proposal for Board: Keeping infra open for EOL

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:45:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 20:20 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hey Paul,
>
> In today's FESCo meeting we discussed a proposal(1) to keep the
> infrastructure open for EOL branches (which came from the Fedora Legacy
> thread on the devel-list).  We felt that the Board needs to also
> weigh-in on this, since it deals with:
>
>      1. Goals of the project
>      2. Use of the 'Fedora' brand (including possibly the trademarks)
>      3. Infrastructure
>
> If the Board could look at this during the next board meeting, it would
> be appreciated.
>
> 1)
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pertusus/Draft_keeping_infra_open_for_EOL

I'm reposting this here to FAB (with Brian's blessing), mostly for the
sake of transparency.  The page linked above also has a "Discussion" tab
which has been populated by some of the FESCo members.  Let's add this
to the upcoming week's agenda.  We needn't rehash the ever-expanding
thread-o'-doom on fedora-devel-list here, but we should consider the
balance between Fedora's stated objectives[1], and the desire to allow
contributors the freedom to pursue new avenues.

= = =
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives
--
Paul W. Frields