Fedora Board Rercap 2009-08-13 UTC 1600

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:18:38 UTC 2009

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2009-08-13

== Roll Call ==
Present: Josh Boyer, John Poelstra, Paul Frields, Matt Domsch, Tom 'spot' Callaway, Dennis Gilmore

Regrets: Dimitris Glezos, Bill Nottingham, Mike McGrath

== Last meeting ==

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2009-08-06

== Agenda ==

=== Russian Fedora Initiative ===

https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/11

* LAST STATUS:
** Paul to first resolve questions with RH Legal about non-software goods licensing
* UPDATE:
** Non-software goods license approved by Legal
** Awaiting contact back from Alexey to create agreements; email on 2009-08-12

=== Thai community domain ===

https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/23

* STATUS:
** Dimitris to ask Thai community rep to choose an option of the two possible
* UPDATE:
** Request sent: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-August/msg00027.html
* Regardless of response, th.fc.o pointer is a good idea... ticket to FI

=== Spins and Download site redesign ===

https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/24

* STATUS:
** Threads on FAB found here:
*** https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-July/msg00088.html
*** https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-August/msg00020.html
** Mockups found here:
*** http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/woot/
* UPDATE:
** Wiki page created here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009
** Have the requirements been developed successfully?
*** Target audiences proposed
*** Some comments on driving community participation, task oriented
*** Some requirements also found in Board notes here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2009-07-30
** Do mockups show progress toward the desired goal?
*** Board should provide feedback now to minimize drag
**** Descriptions about download methods (torrents, direct FTP/HTTP, metalinks) and provide all those methods somehow.
**** Sometimes too much information on a page?
**** The pages are trying to grow the total appeal of Fedora, with the goal of increasing contributor stickiness
**** possibility of packaged behaviors to affect spins
** poelstra: thought: to more objectively review the mock-ups shouldn't we be able to take the "requirements" and compare them to the pages... almost in a checklist type way? I think the wiki page is a good way to sum up the requirements to aid in this

big improvements
# logo and branding is very clear
# much more simplified definition of what people can expect
# clear call to action for download
# makes a personal connection
<paul's pontification begins> ;-)
# shows that Fedora is "fun" or "cool"
#* cool and fun can encourage more people to become involved
# publicly proclaim what we do well
<paul's pontification ends>

== Next Meeting ==

* PROPOSED: 2009-08-20 UTC 1600