website mockups, what is fedora?

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Fri Aug 21 17:03:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 11:44 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> I guess it's just many (including myself) failed to see any evidence or
> justification for the claims of "confused/scared new users" and the
> current greatly simplified design choice.    And... because the board
> says so, continues to not be all that satisfying.

You say "failed" - does that mean it is no longer the case?

Do you think the current page is acceptable and is something we should
stick with?

I can speak quite directly to more choices = confused/scared users from
my experience as a UI designer generally.

I've ordered parts for a portable usability lab (thanks to Spot), and
they've started coming in. The main priority for the lab to start is to
test Fedora Community, but I think it would also smart to run the
designs for www.fpo / get.fpo through several tests. The upcoming
Toronto FUDcon is going to be a great opportunity to run some tests on
it as well I think.

~m