website mockups, what is fedora?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 21 19:35:50 UTC 2009

On 08/22/2009 01:01 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Can't speak for the board but what opensuse did was go from trying to
>> satisfy everybody (FAIL) to picking a default (right model). That
>> actually seems to validate what Fedora is doing. The default is
>> different because the community is different. Think about it.
>
> I call shenanigans.  Can't use the opensuse example against me.  :)
>
> They're offering *choice* of desktops displayed, just with a pre-chosen
> default.  That's very much different than any of our mockups.

Fedora offers choices as well, of course. It is not correct to imply
otherwise. The design is merely different.  As far as the distribution
itself is concerned, they did go from using choice as a excuse not to
make a decision to actually making a decision to favour one environment.
That absolutely validates what Fedora has been doing.

Rahul