website mockups, what is fedora?

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 23 16:19:18 UTC 2009

2009/8/22 Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com>:
> One of the things I love about Fedora in KDE is that it is "Fedora KDE."
> It's not, "Kedora" or some other silly name, branded completely
> separately from the main project and left to fend for itself, not a
> 'true' Fedora.
>
> Is that not a symbol in itself of the Fedora Community's appreciation
> for the KDE SIG?

I don't think that has anything to do with the "Community's
appreciation" for the KDE SIG. But i might be wrong.

> Fedora KDE is NOT a distro. Fedora KDE is part of a larger distro, and
> that distro is called FEDORA.

Well, where is Fedora GNOME as part of this larger distro? Just to use
your argument. If Fedora is a big thing with many parts, i can't see
that one.

>> Now they see the website mockup.  Wow, it sure is beautiful!  Such an
>> improvement over what we had currently.  I'm sure glad Fedora KDE is
>> part of this.... Wait a minute.  Why isn't Fedora KDE part of this?!
>
> How is Fedora KDE not a part of this design? Fedora KDE will have a site
> all its own that users can be directed to.

Do we have a Fedora GNOME page where all it's users can be directed to as well?

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium