Structurelessness, feminism and open: what open advocates can learn from second wave feminists

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:33:55 UTC 2009

On 08/24/2009 03:13 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Greg DeKoenigsberg<gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I wonder how well we do that, as a community.
>
> How would you even begin to quantify that.....

What is the growth rate of new committers and commits from new
committers of Project Foo that person Bar is the owner of?  How much
does person Bar's commits towards Project Foo fall off over time while
Project Foo remains active (through commits by the new committers)?

If person Bar is averaging the same number of builds per month, are the
packages that he/she owns changing?  What's happening to the old
packages?  Are they being rebuilt by comaintainers/new maintainers?  Are
the comaintainers new packagers?

Are package sponsors sponsoring people who take over packages that they
own or that the packages they do own are either deps of or depped on by?

These are all very rough and the means to get at this information is a
bit convoluted, but I think it points at how the problem could be
approached.

-Toshio