Request for a *.fedoraproject.org subdomain

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:39:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> The basics are listed here:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/ShowUs

Hello there,

I don't know to which extent progress has been made with respect to
the website. However having seen the mockup Paul pointed

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/woot/spins-electronicslab.svg

I have used this mockup in the past (timeframe F-8 to F-10) to make
FEL'S website. However recently with the fedora community pages based
on moksha, I have updated FEL's entire layout as you can see here:

http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/

Since now the FEL's current website is exactly like the initial
grounds of Fedora community pages, I would recommend you guys not to
start from scratch and use my layout for other spins. The work has
already being done and only needs improvement.

On the right hand side of http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/, you
will find other sections.

As for FEL's content, all user oriented contents are jotted on current
url (except the work being done for F-12). So as FEL spin owner, I
think the FEL's content can smooth wired to the new

http://electroniclab.fedoraproject.org

as long as the following items are met:
* new website should be compatible with _any_ browser, (this is very
useful for FEL's marketing)
* new website has a professional layout, which does not tag FEL as a
geek version.

I would also wish an interface similar to
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL#Publications, where FEL's
contributors (those who signed CLA) can post their slides and a
text+image. This helps a lot for FEL's marketing again, in a sense
that it reflects global coverage and maturity.

regards,
Chitlesh