The current Trademark License Agreement is unacceptable

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 18:17:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 08:20:00PM +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Stephen John Smoogen<smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Can you tell them to get professional advice versus asking on a mailing list?
>>
>> I'll be very sad if we conclude that we want to foster a community in
>> which a member will need professional legal advice to start a fan
>> site. Such an energy stopper..
>
> I don't think anyone has concluded that, Dimitris.  What I think
> Smooge is saying is that a bunch of non-lawyers advising a bunch of
> non-lawyers about what a legal text might mean is not a good basis for
> making decisions, or for advising others for that matter.  If I
> thought that this process required people to go get attorneys I'd
> agree it's an utter failure.  A few rough spots that need to be ironed
> out, especially when they involve misunderstandings, do not cause me
> to think the same thing.

Yes, sorry.. as much as English is supposedly my native language, I am
not good at using it.

I do not expect people to have to get lawyers, but the level of
questions and doubt shown in the questions and comments could not be
answered on a list of non-lawyers (or even on a list of lawyers).
These sort of questions usually end up as this one, everyone
frustrated because they can't have a definitive answer and no one
agrees on what is the best course..

Sorry for adding to the confusion. I will try to make it better by
dropping out as I am not helping.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning