ambassadors "conflict of interest"

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Mon Dec 7 19:08:55 UTC 2009

----- "Gianluca Sforna" <giallu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please accept my apologies if this is not the proper place to ask.
>
> I've never read anything against this, so I'm wondering if it was
> ever
> brought up at all.
>
> Are Fedora ambassadors allowed to also be <put your alternate distro
> name here> ambassadors?

It is better to do one thing well than to suck at many. With that being said, Fedora is about Freedom, one of those freedoms I hope includes Freedom of speech. One might choose to be an ambassador for a project just for the free shirt, while in their heart they agree with another project to a greater degree, I think this is wrong. Go with what you believe in, if you believe that Linux in general is the answer to most questions perhaps you should take up that flag. I don't think taking that stance should exclude you from being a Fedora Ambassador it certainly would not forcibly include you in that formal group. I choose to not be a formal "Fedora Ambassador" yet when ever practical I suggest Fedora to people interested. When Fedora is impractical I suggest Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, IPCop or some other distro. I think it is foolish to think that Fedora is perfect for every situation or is perfect in general.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |