Planet material

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:30:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Paul Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've had a few occasions over the past year where contributors have
> put questionable material on the Planet that doesn't reflect the
> Fedora Project's mission to lead the advancement of free and open
> source software and content as a collaborative community. To build
> that community, we should all be committed to "be excellent to each
> other." By creating an environment for constructive contribution, we
> can more effectively and successfully compare and challenge different
> ideas to find the best solutions for advancement, while building the
> size, diversity, and strength of our community.
>
> We have a diversity of backgrounds and values in our community, which
> is part of our strength. We don't want to unnecessarily restrict the
> audience of people who might become valuable contributors in the
> Fedora Project, and that means respecting each other viewpoints even
> when we disagree on particulars. We want the Fedora Project to be a
> constructive place for anyone to contribute without fear or worry.
>
> We want our contributors to feel welcome to express themselves, and
> not discourage controversial or critical opinions as long as they're
> offered in a constructive spirit of improvement. The privilege of
> posting on the Fedora Planet also includes a shared responsibility for
> all of us to respect our potential readers. To help our contributors
> understand how they can make constructive and community-friendly
> choices when sending blog posts to the Planet feed, I've drafted a bit
> of additional information on our Planet wiki page:
>
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Planet#Appropriate_Material

Has anyone described what content triggered this reaction? I did not
see it before it was taken down and others are also asking in various
forums what started all this.

Before I post a picture of someone in a bikini to find out if that was
really it, can someone just share with the rest of us what it was so
we can all understand what is and what isn't permitted?

John