Fedora Board December 2009 Results

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:09:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 07:25:31AM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Nigel Jones said the following on 12/17/2009 05:34 AM Pacific Time:
> >Hi f-a-b subscribers, the moment you have been waiting for.
> >
> >The votes have been tallied and I can now announce the 2 successful
> >candidates for the Fedora Board.
> >
> >We had a total of 225 votes for this election, meaning that each
> >candidate could obtain up to a maximum of 900 votes.
> >
> >The results are as follows:
> >
> >1. Matt Domsch          643
> >2. Chris Tyler          475
> >
> >*** Cut Off ***
> >
> >3. Coin Walters         451
> >4. Steven M. Parrish    412
> >

> >So please join me in congratulating Matt and Chris on their return
> >to the Fedora Board.
> >
> >Please find the full GPG-signed release announcement attached.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Nigel Jones
> >Fedora Election Administrator
>
> Thanks Nigel.
>
> To get a true measure of the level of "voter turn out" can you also
> tell us the total number of people that were eligible to vote in
> this election?

Hi John, since Nigel is asleep I used fedora-python and found out the
number of people in cla_done currently: 18,252

Also, here are ballot numbers for the last four Board elections:

June 2008: 250
December 2008: 227
June 2009: 297
December 2009: 225

The ping-ponging of ballot numbers is interesting.  The lower December
numbers might lead one to conclude we need better publicity around
elections in December.  IIRC, Nigel has told us in the past the
majority of ballots come in early, which would not support just having
longer elections then.