Fedora Board Recap 2009-01-27

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 3 08:03:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 03:53:43PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:

> * Paul Frields is requesting that the Red Hat Community Architecture
> Team administer this survey at all future events

Sorry we weren't helpful this time; I tried to pick up the ball but
quickly realized I didn't have the finger strength to keep holding.
Lateral to Paul, who got it in this time.

The above request is a bit wide open.

Which future events?  Just FUDCon or do you want something for FADs?

For FADs, it's crucial that we survey at the end of the actual event.
One fifteen minute form or (best!) a local web app service.

What do you all want to know about the FADs?  Some ideas for questions
I had:

* Did you have fun?
  - Rate fun level

* Do you feel you accomplished something?
  - Rate accomplisment level

* Did you improve your personal network, i.e., relationship with other
  Fedorans and general FLOSS community members?
  - Rate improvement level

* What did you accomplish?
  - General area of activity list, with Other space.
  - Free form explanation
  - Relevant URLs section

* What would have made your experience better?

* What would have made the outcome better?

* What was your favorite moment/event/outcome of the FAD?

I would reckon we want something more comprehensive for the FUDCon,
right?

Do you want a regular review process on the questions asked?  That is,
at FUDCon - N days, we review via f-a-b the list of questions.  We
provide the survey online by the last day of the event, or just after
it's over?

What is the value of having the same questions in event after event?
What is the value of adding, subtracting, or otherwise (re)mixing
things?

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41