Planning for Fedora Elections

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu May 14 18:40:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 06:48:50PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I (as a voter) have neither time nor interest for IRC meetings if there
> is no strong reason to participate. Same for skimming through the IRC
> logs later, as that in my experience is often way more confusing then
> helpful.
>
> IOW: IRC IMHO has a bad time/benefit ratio if what is being discussed is
> not really important for you.
>
> Sure, IRC has a lot of benefits, but mail has as well, that's why I
> suggest to let a some people(??) collect a few good questions with the
> help of the community. Then send them to the nominees that have to
> answer then within something like 3 or 4 days in private. Then put all
> the answers up on the net and give people a chance to read them.
>
> After that do the IRC Town Hall-style discussions for those that like
> then, They actually might be easier, as people can ask question like
> "you said foo to the answer bar in the pre-questioning by mail; could
> you please outline that a bit more into in regards to foobar?", which in
> the end might lead to a better IRC Town Hall-style discussion.
>
> Just my 2 cent.
>
> Cu
> knurd
>
> (??) yes, I'm willing to help with that if nobody else wants to do that

I've added a questionairre page to the Elections page, to which people may add questions they
would like the candidates to answer.  Candidates will be free to answer
(or not) as they see fit (at their own peril of course).  Thorsten, I
would appreciate your assistance in a) publicizing this; and b)
editing the list of questions at the time we'll hand them out.

Thanks,
Matt