Proposal for ML conduct

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:24:19 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> Nearly, if not, all members of the board are also subscribers to the
> list.  I think we're uniquely suited to gather opinions amongst our
> selves (as well as the community via f-a-b and the meeting minutes)
> about how we'd like to see the issue resolved.  Remember, the board is
> made of many volunteers as well.

I think we should act.

Mailing list moderation is definitely needed, but I think a separate
group of moderators
(including board members and others) should be constituted. Moderation
can be a time consuming affair.

Among the different lists, fedora-test, freemedia and fedora-doc are
usually ok. Some users simply do not follow ML etiquette in
Ambassadors, Marketing, Fedora India, fedora doc
and more. Moderators should also deal with this.

Most low volume lists are usually ok. But for lists like devel and
user more than one moderator may be required.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani