Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 14:38:24 UTC 2009

On 2009-05-09 04:05:05 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> To fix this we need to fix the trademark agreement (unlikely) or fpo
> websites first (unlikely too). This is not only a technical requirement
> but also a moral commitment: We cannot expect the community to follow
> rules that the project does not honor itself.
I'm sorry to respond to this thread so late, but I should mention that
the websites team is open to patches if anybody is willing to do the
work.  The one place where I think it is reasonable for the website to
get an exemption is the text of the link to the home page - instead of
"Fedora Project," "Official Fedora Project web site", or any of the
listed options, just "Home" is clearer, since it is already obviously
the Fedora Project web site.

I agree that changes need to be made to allow for translations of the
strings in the agreement though.

Thanks,
Ricky