Fedora's Core Purposes

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 13:44:05 UTC 2009

I was recently reviewing this page and a number of other pages that talk
about the Fedora Project (not our the Fedora distribution)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives

I'm working a blog post that provides more detail on this.  In the
meantime, I think this page could be broken into three primary purposes
and each of the bullets merged under those purposes.

1) Building and releasing a distribution
2) Building communities
3) Furthering the science (methodologies) and practice of building
communities

I think it is important that we place a tight limit on the number of
*core* purposes.  Is there anything else that the Fedora Project does
that could not be captured under these three headings?

Thanks,
John