Board/FESCo mission/vision FAD

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:47:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 14:27, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:42:32 -0500,
>  Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>> Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>> > My only questions left here are:
>> > 1) Does anyone think we should just implement what we have so far and
>> > hold off on the Board's vision for now?
>>
>> Yes, I'm in favor of this...  Let's give the recently implemented
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria
>> some time, and see how effective it functions to improve the overall update
>> experience.
>
> I agree that we should get that stuff deployed ASAP. But that really only
> addresses very obviously broken stuff. It isn't really the same as the
> stable updates policy.

Baby steps please. If this doesn't even 'find and fix' the obvious
broken stuff then why go further with it. If it does find and fix only
sometimes then it needs fixing before going to the next. If it works
fine and has side effects of fixing other issues then why add to it.

In the end, this and all other items are technical fixes which rarely
(that I am aware of) fix personnel issues. As long as certain people
fly off the handle just because another person is in the room, no
amount of policies, procedures, and technology is going to make it
better.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.