Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Dec 2 00:32:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 23:52:18 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/01/2010 10:32 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >  From the report of the Spins committee last release.. the Spins group
> > was in bad shape themselves. Between all the problems with ownership,
> > testing issues, lack of manpower, and just the approach of live images
> > had the last spin person saying he wasn't doing it any more.
>
> That actually comes as a no surprise here..
>
> Any other *DE has to work twice as hard then the Gnome Desktop that
> seems to get project resources as it pleases and if it is gaining
> momentum it's like forces within the project throw obstacles in it's
> path to hinder that momentum.

I want to point out that it was the overarching Spins SIG that was
dysfunctional. Some of the SIGs that support a spin seemed to be doing OK.
Others not so much. What was missing, was the various SIGs collaborating
together to help improve the foundation for live spins and the quality
of the spins promoted by Fedora.