Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 01:10:43 UTC 2010

2010/12/2 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> On 12/02/2010 12:18 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
> 2010/12/1 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
>
> On 12/01/2010 10:32 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
> I say give all *DE all spins equal support from the community, give them
> complete decision freedom on how they do things and how they ship them (
> for example iso vs usb key image ) and let them decide their target
> audience and the primary vision that the project has is to be that
> platform of the choice with the best tools of the trades.
>
> Not all have been treated equal here but that can certainly can be
> changed and what's stopping us from doing that?
>
> I am not sure what you are meaning? What I am reading is the following:
>
> A) The community should be forced to work equally on all *DE's even if
> they don't want to.
>
> Hows that different from the board trying to force one single vision and one
> set of target audience with one desktop environment upon the whole
> community?

Because the board is not telling you that you can't work on KDE or
LXDE or TWM. Just that the work is not going to be the default Fedora
experience. I am not sure I can better explain or help you understand.
At a certain point a project has to say "this is all we feel we can
support and these are people we are going to support."

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren