Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:38:57 UTC 2010

2010/12/3 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> On 12/03/2010 04:36 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> To be honest, no. We have a standard set of artwork we put out for each
>> release, and with some exceptions it rarely changes. That being said,
>> our schedule is published and in the same locations as all other teams',
>> and the design team list has very frequent reminders of deadlines.
>
> Ah yes that actually might be a generic underlying problem as in the
> reminders for relevant team are only sent to the relevant mailing lists.
>
> I for one know that I'm not active team member of the Design Team ( and
> various other teams ) so even thou I'm subscribed to the Design teams
> list ( and various other list ) I only interact with it to give feed
> back if requested or if I have some specific things to discuss which is
> on very rare occasions and I never read the relevant teams reminders I
> however always read the teams I'm actively engage with reminders.
>
> I propose that we change the structure of the reminders instead of
> having the reminder only containing information relevant to each team
> the reminder would contain all the relevant information for all the
> relevant teams and that same reminder sent to all relevant teams.
>
> That should eliminate the need for everyone being actively monitoring
> everyone's mailing list and at the same time inform everyone each other
> teams status and what's ahead of them and result in a better information
> flow between various teams in the community.

The schedule reminders can be changed in such a way fairly easily;
however, each team would need to know what other reminders are useful
to them, other than REALLY BIG reminders (things like Alpha, Beta,
etc.) which they are likely already getting.  I will be going through
the "How is your schedule?" routine with each group individually over
the next few weeks, so there will be time to figure that stuff out.

Ideally, we'd also be using the logistics@ list to keep track of these
things, and folks who were needing to be on top of cross-team
interactions would be using it as a place to talk. (Feel free to sign
up!)

AND NOW, back to your regularly scheduled "how to fix spins" thread....