Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Dec 3 21:52:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 16:39:00 -0500,
  Greg DeKoenigsberg <greg.dekoenigsberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> Maybe the "Spins SIG" should have a strong focus on improving infrastructure
> support.  Improving kopers, QA infrastructure, build hosts -- those are
> things that we can figure out how to scale.  Scaling people is much harder,
> and clearly much more contentious.

Some work was done with trying to have Spins SIG work better with QA and
Releng, but people responsible for the various Spins weren't providing much
help with setting this up. Spins SIG should have focus on globally improving
Spins (mostly processes and tools). But for this to happen in Spins SIG,
people actually have to help out. Spins SIG has been dysfunctional for
over a year now.