Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Dec 4 02:19:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 01:33 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> So what Design team do is spend it's resource to come up with a
> background that all DE spin ( which exist already ) a set of generic
> icons that all DE can use and a generic themes or set of theming
> guidelines that all DE can use and try to package in such way that all
> DE can use.

Indeed - I was thinking for the case of media, come up with a stock
design with some kind of blank white or black space into which the spin
SIG could insert the logo of the desktop in question. It wouldn't look
as good as a custom-designed image, but it would always be *available*,
and it wouldn't preclude coming up with a custom-tailored image if
someone chose to, for a given desktop for a given release.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey