Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sat Dec 4 04:56:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:22:43 -0500
Greg DeKoenigsberg <greg.dekoenigsberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, Spins folks, are you inclined to participate in the central
> groups?  Why or why not?  If not, what can be done to make those
> experiences more welcoming?

During the last cycle, 'spins folks' was kinda Bruno and I.
Bruno handled all the running meetings, poking people for deadlines,
organizing deadlines, watching spin sizes and deps, etc.
I kept the nightly spins composing or tried to, helped look at sizes
and bugs, managed the trac and mailing list and git access.

Some spin owners watched pretty well and fixed things when broken, etc.
Others we almost never heard anything from. I don't recall many (if
any) meetings that anyone aside from Bruno and I were there.

So, I guess the answer to the above is: Dunno, we need to find some
spins sig people before we can ask them? ;)

One possible reason for this is that as a "owner" of a spin, you really
just want your spiffy spin to exist. Maintaining it, fixing things as
the cycle goes on, testing it, and producing it are all less
exciting. :)

kevin