Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 01:33:26 UTC 2010

On 12/05/2010 12:21 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> Recruiting is another hard question, of course.  There's hard questions all
> around.:)

Honestly you must realize for that to happen they first and foremost all
need to get equal presentation they cant be buried somewhere in the back
in a dusty unmarked box in the bottom selves out in the back way behind.

People wont try and thus potentially be recruited to join a sub
community if they don't know that product and the community surrounding
it exist in the first place or it is to hard to reach/join for them and
that applies to all regardless if they are spins or not..

So if the intention is for spins to grow and the community surrounding
them the Fedora Desktop ( The name implies only one desktop ) needs to
be renamed to Fedora Gnome Desktop and put under a desktop page along
with all the DE that exist in the project hence we are back to
inevitable two possible outcomes nr.1 or nr.2 which I mentioned earlier
in another response to this topic.

JBG