Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 6 03:17:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 17:52:17 -0800,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> c) require the SIG (or whatever) that owns each spin to do the basic
> testing and sign off on the spin before release: if they don't sign off
> on the spin, it's not published. QA and releng can help facilitate this
> process if required (just by providing test builds and pointers for
> testing).

I was intending to implement this for F14, but didn't do a good job of getting
the critera sorted out early enough, and arguably there needed to be some
consensus of Spins SIG, which is hard when participation is mostly two
people. So in the end, even if I had gotten the requirements documented
early, the Spin owners/SGIS may not have cooperated.