Multi-desktop spin

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 9 14:50:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 07:23:49PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Ok I started playing around with a multi-desktop kickstart. I went
> whole hog on it because I figured it would be a dvd or USB key.. at
> the moment it is 6.2 GB uncompressed with every OPtional gnome, kde,
> lxde, xfce, and fvwm package installed on the box. Once I get the
> scripts for icons installed and such I should be able to replicate
> through the Fedora tool system for a download and test.
>
> This is NOT meant to replace  current spins [electronics labs,
> broffice, design, security, or small system) but meant to be a proof
> of concept for a smorgasbord install. (eg people said it couldn't fit
> on a cdrom (correct) but it could fit on a USB key).

This sounds like a really cool concept, if you need any test dummies
please feel free to post to the list. I know I'd be happy to fumble
around with it and provide feedback and I'm sure others would as well,
might even want to hit up test at lists.fedoraproject.org if you decide to
have this go beyond a PoC.

Kudos,
-AdamM