GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:43:42 UTC 2010

 On 12/16/2010 10:01 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

I usually have my IRC proxy or client camped on Gimpnet
#fedora-desktop as well.  In my experience it's not been difficult at
all to find someone to answer questions for me -- before, during, or
after being FPL.

For people like me who work on a different timezone, IRC is far less
accessible than mailing lists.  I would MUCH prefer regular IRC meetings +
summaries that I can read compared to staying up late nights to get answers
on IRC.  The problem has never been that desktop team is unapproachable or
anything like that.  On the contrary,  compared to the constant anti GNOME
drivel from certain people (you know who you are) in #fedora-kde,
#fedora-desktop is gimpnet is far more friendlier and focused on getting
things done.  However,  not discussing things in mailing list or not having
regular IRC meetings makes it harder to contribute.   I have requested for
some of these changes before in the desktop mailing list but that didn't
work out.

Rahul