GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 16 18:04:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 17:03 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> It's the Fedora Gnome Desktop Team that's being *accused for the lack of
> transparency and general communication to and with the Fedora community's.
>
> Being *upstream* is no excuse for not communicating to the project.

In this situation, this isn't quite fair to say, either: members of
Fedora's desktop team approached me in a public channel with the request
since I serve as the lead of the Fedora design team. If I was not a Red
Hat employee but I was the design team lead, I am confident they would
still have approached me to ask.

As has been pointed out before, now is a reasonable time in the F15
cycle to approach the design team and communicate the request - that is
exactly what was done in this case.

~m