GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Dec 16 23:41:31 UTC 2010

> Christoph Wickert (christoph.wickert at googlemail.com) said:
> > KDE SIG: 36 members, 4 work for Red Hat.
> > Xfce SIG: 11 members, all from the community.
> > LXDE SIG: 8 members, all from the community.
>
> You know, I really love the reduction that because of where I get my
> paycheck, no matter all the work I throw in that *isn't* part of my
> day job, that I'm not a member of the community.
>
> That's tremendously motivating - thanks for being excellent.

c'mon, Bill, that's needless snark. It's clear what Christoph meant: the
desktop team has a lack of non-RH contributors. That was the point he
was making. I think it's stretching to suggest that he was trying to
make some kind of argument that people who work for RH aren't members of
the community. You can interpret that from his words if you try really
hard, but I really severely doubt it was intended.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey