Swag for FUDCons

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Mon Jul 19 20:15:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway
<tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/19/2010 03:59 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
>
>> Of course, all that requires an entity to take the money...
>
> Yeah. This is the hard hard part.
>
> As far as I know, we still are not in a position where Fedora can sell
> anything. Thankfully, we're also not hurting for money, within bounds.

Note that selling things isn't necessarily just a money thing; people
who have given you money and gotten swag in return have quite
literally bought in, and that identification (for better or for worse)
makes them more passionate advocates for what you're doing. In other
words, they *want* to give you money as a form of contribution; it
isn't a bad strategy to let them do that even if you don't actually
need the money.

Luis