Planet Fedora guidelines?

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 19:51:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Robert 'Bob' Jensen
<bob at fedoraunity.org> wrote:

> OMG! You got your $OTHERDISTRO on my Fedora Planet? $OTHERDISTRO users are people too.

Humor, if that's what was intended, really comes across poorly in
email. I've been uncomfortable with a number of the posters failing to
answer questions and instead just attacking this OP or others either
with personal ad hominem or with heavy-handed reminders of good
maillist hygiene of bottom-posting or trimming or whatever. I'm on a
number of lists for newbies and some for greybeards and this one is
becoming one of the more brutish.

Cut folks some slack here. There are naive questions. Folks for whom
English and mailing lists are not a native language. People coming
from a very different perspective than yours. Give a little benefit of
the doubt, and we might return it when you ask your question.

Can we try to be a little more polite to our fellow list members? Thanks.

Happy Father's Day to the dads out there,

Ted