Planet Fedora guidelines?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 18 20:33:19 UTC 2010

> From looking at the blog that he would probably welcome some advice on
> how to list a fedora tag feed into our aggregator. The post in
> question was not tagged as Fedora while other..more relevant posts
> are.  So it seems this is probably just a feed misconfiguration where
> the person in question is sending out a full blog feed when the
> intention was to send out a tagged feed.

It certainly would be nice if a poster's contact information was easily
obtainable from their planet listing. In many cases people turn off
commenting (and from experience I really can't blame them), but even if
not sometimes it comes off a little aggressive / confrontational to talk
to the person about the content of their blog in the public comment
system.

People can choose whatever name they want for their feed, and sometimes
that name is not their real-life name, or is not something that can be
used to look up their identity and contact information in FAS.

Maybe adding a link to planet feeds for contact information for the
poster would be nice. And having a note somewhere that if you take issue
with a blog post's appropriateness for the planet, to use the private
contact link (which maybe takes you to a FAS login page, where you login
and then it provides the FAS public contact info for the poster) to talk
to the person.

~m