Stable release updates vision

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:22:58 UTC 2010

As noted in our previous minutes[1], the Board was tasked with
producing a vision statement for updates to Fedora stable releases.
That vision can be found here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Stable_release_updates_vision

This statement is the result of many Board discussions which have
taken into consideration issues raised recently in numerous other
venues such as the devel list.  After considering these issues
carefully, along with other factors such as the broad user base for
which we should strive[2], the Board feels this vision will best meet
the needs of our millions of users, including our contributor base.

The Board would like FESCo to read through this vision statement, and
use it as a basis for implementing changes that will help achieve this
vision.  We look forward to working with FESCo and across the whole
Fedora Project to continue improving the Fedora distribution.

* * *
[1] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-board-meeting/2010-03-04/fedora_board.2010-03-04-17.12.html
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-October/msg00350.html