Election schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 23:39:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:41:12AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I'd be happy to help out here; it would be awesome <mchua hat>if there
> >> was an SOP</mchua hat> on how to organize townhalls and/or be a
> >> moderator so that those of us who have only been around for one
> >> election cycle can come up to speed quickly. :)  (I can help you out
> >> with writing the SOP, too, but I'd obviously need some guidance
> >> there.)
> >>
> >> IMO - it's good to have different people fulfilling different roles in
> >> Election Operations once in a while; it definitely lends itself to the
> >> openness / transparency thing.  Also, I don't think we should let
> >> people become entrenched in these roles to the point where they feel
> >> as though they could not actually be nominated for an elected position
> >> because... who would work on X portion of the process, conflict of
> >> interest, etc.  (Or, alternately, not go on vacation.)
> >
> > So it sounds like we have some clear owners for townhalls and
> > questionnaires, John Rose and Larry Cafiero respectively.  Robyn,
> > perhaps you would be interested in taking up one or more moderator
> > slots for townhalls?  It seems to me that would be incredibly helpful
> > for John as he puts those schedules together.
>
> Can do - once the schedule is up, I'll sign myself up, and go through
> old logs in the meantime.

Since I haven't received any negative feedback in the time this was
posted (nearly a week), I've updated the [[Elections]] page
appropriately:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

Larry, I put your name in for the questionnaire section.

I commented out the old table of dates and times so John and you could
use the tables as needed for new dates and times.  I recommend that
John use the Fedora Planet and any other appropriate announcement
channels to invite moderators to help, and advertise the event to
everyone.

Thanks to all of you for helping out!