late niminations for the board and FESCO

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Nov 10 16:12:14 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, November 10, 2010 04:50:40 pm Christoph Wickert wrote:
> It seems we have 3 nominations for FESCo that came in late [1]. It's not
> that I have something against the nominees, but last year Robert Scheck
> was removed from the list for missing the deadline by a few hours.
>
> Should we make an exception this time and allow people to be late for
> days or should we declare their nominations invalid?

Hi Christoph,
last time we missed deadline and we were told to try it next time (so we are
here). It's not the end of the world. There was time, deadlines were known
before. On the other hand - I'm not against letting it be - more people
interested in - better chance to have better board/fesco/famsco members!

Even I propose to get rid of deadlines except one - elections days itself. It's
candidate disadvantage to not attend town halls, to not reply to community
questions and run campaign. Be flexible - it's open source core value for me.

Jaroslav