[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 10 23:23:33 UTC 2010

On 11/10/10 3:02 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> This is something FPC or FESCO needs to deal with..
>
> They could make the decision that packagers need to at least show that
> they have their own bugzilla account and are part of or in good
> communication with the upstream community before they get their package
> accepted in Fedora?

You have to have an account before you can own a package.

> Maintainers stop being so possessive about their components and reach
> out and help each other out? ( better collaboration between maintainers )

If a maintainer is too overloaded to fix their own packages, how can
they have time to fix somebody else's packages?  Not to say that there
isn't room for improvement in this area, I just don't see it as a long
term solution.

> Reach out to students project?

I believe that has been tried to some level, could be tried more.  Not
sure if the extremely short termness of students in a class is helpful
in these situations, but worth exploring.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!