Effective communication in the Fedora Community

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:08:26 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 17.11.2010, 12:40 -0500 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 16:49 +0000, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> > ----- "Jon Stanley" <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > this
> > >
> > > s/think/thing, and I couldn't have said it any better myself.  If
> > > $IDEA is *so bad*, then there MUST be some alternative, right? Simply
> > > saying "$IDEA is stupid!" is far from constructive, and gets all of
> > > us
> > > nowhere in a hurry.
> > >

> > Fixing things that some or most feel is not broken needs an alternative?
>
> Can you provide some specifics?

Mailing lists for example. Even if they are 1980's technology, I haven't
found a suitable replacement yet. They work quite well, no need to ditch
them.

If you say one should not criticize things without presenting an
alternative, it's on you to present something. Instead your description
is rather vague.

> ~m

Regards,
Christoph