Effective communication in the Fedora Community

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 00:57:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/17 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
>> Let's put the premature implementation discussion on hold and focus on
>> the goals, okay?
>
> Asking for comments on the goals you provided, or asking for
> alternative goals on this mailing list is going to start leading to
> bikeshedding quickly.

She's been very clear that she's not asking that.  She's asking people
to propose ideas on how to implement the vision statement.  If your
(general you) ideas are different, then post them.  She's not asking
for a critique of her "getting the discussion started, toss some ideas
out there" post.  She's asking for people to use their noggins and
propose some actual ideas on how we move forward in during the
implementation phase.  There haven't been any requests for
"alternative goals."  The goal is very clear, very straightforward,
and quite unambiguous:

Implement the recently decided vision statement for the Fedora Project.

There is no alternative because "let's just ignore the vision
statement and not worry about implementation" is not an option that's
available.

--
Chris