Fedora vision & more specific goals

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 18 12:40:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 22:15:52 -0700,
  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:

> * Get more Fedora maintainers maintaining packages in EPEL. Perhaps we
>   could offer RHEL entitlements to those folks who maintain for EPEL,
>   which may in turn bring in more people to the community.

It's not just licenses, it is also hardware. I have a few old (circa 2003)
machines at home and currently am only running F14 and rawhide systems.
I don't know how well virtualization would work on these machines, but probably
not well. The disks being mostly full doesn't help either.
This makes testing in old Fedora releases a pain. Testing stuff in RHEL
would be whole new level of pain.

I think you really want some people who run RHEL for their stuff co-maintaining
a lot of packages where they can do the EPEL stuff and work with the other
maintainers who mostly concentrate on Fedora.