[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Nov 23 03:27:49 UTC 2010

On Monday, November 22, 2010 06:56:03 pm Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> ----- "Dennis Gilmore" <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:48:38 am Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > > Not sure of these numbers.  I am not from NA and was a appointed
> >
> > member
> >
> > > on the first public Fedora Board.
> > >
> > > Rahul
> >
> > I happen to currently live in North America but I am from Australia,
> > and was
> > voted twice onto the board.  I also happen to have a great interest in
> > LATAM.
>
> And you also work for Red Hat.

The first time i was elected i was not a Red Hat employee, Just a regular
community member. I was working for Jupiter Images at the time, i moved to
OLPC during that period.  I was a Red Hat employee the second time i was
elected to the board.

Ive been a Red Hat employee since august 2008, ive been involved with fedora
since fedora.us days. The way I see it i've been very lucky to have Red Hat
employee me to do things i would do anyway. But i really hope my employement
doesnt define me or my contributions

Dennis