problem with my graphics card

Sudhir bsudhir6 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 17:57:01 UTC 2010

I have VIA/S3G unichrome IGP video card of 32MB after installing fedora i am
getting very worst resolution of 600x400which is completely irritating so
please provide me a way out from this problem to use fedorathe solutions i
followed and failed are given below

   1. Some one told me to change the xorg.conf file but i failed because
   there is no such file in the given location
   2. Some one told me to create it using system-config-display but for
   fedora 14 there is no package for that
   3. some one told me again of using the command Xorg -configure but it
   said as followed *[root at localhost tmp]# Xorg -configure

   Fatal server error:
   Server is already active for display 0
       If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
       and start again.

   Please consult the Fedora Project support
        at http://wiki.x.org
    for help. *
   4. when i'm told to stop the x server by removing the * /tmp/.X0-lock *file
   using the command *"rm -rf /tmp/.X0-lock"* but after that when i repeated
   with Xorg -configure i got error like this *[root at localhost tmp]# Xorg
   -configure
   _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
   _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
   Warning: Xalloc: requesting unpleasantly large amount of memory: 0 bytes.

   Fatal server error:
   Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
   already running

   Please consult the Fedora Project support
        at http://wiki.x.org
    for help.
   Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
   information.*

So i'm stuck again please someone give me the solution for this thanks in
advance