Long term goals

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:18:14 UTC 2010

Apologies for the delays.. every time I try to set these down
something else comes up and takes up my time.

1) Make Fedora redundant (in a good way). Several of my best bosses I
have ever had all seemed to have the same philosophy of life: A
'system administrator/developer/SCM manager/etc's' primary goal was to
make their-selves redundant as quickly as possible. This was for 3
reasons:

A) Raptors happen. Jobs and projects that have been automated, well
documented, highly mentored are better able to handle extinction
events.
B) A person should always be looking for something new and interesting to do.
C) The person was not important to the job. Making oneself critical
for a job to go on meant that raptor problems made things fail
horribly.

2) What replaces Fedora? Fedora is coming up to 9 years old in 2012
which will be as long as Red Hat Linux 'existed'. While Debian has
gone on much longer than either of these.. I don't think we can or
ever will be setup in a way for such a long life.  So what do we
change into and how do we do it?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren