initial cwg meeting

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 20:18:30 UTC 2010

On 12/01/2010 01:36 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Had a good initial meeting today of the community working group. Got a bunch
> of logistics out of the way (mailing lists, contacts), and started to tackle
> the idea of a code of conduct.
>
> Logs:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:CWG_meeting_2010-11-30

I don't a unarchived private list is a good thing. All the other private
mailing lists we have (board-private, fesco etc) have archives and that
means when new members come in at a later point,  they have
institutional knowledge and history to look at and learn and that's
pretty important.  I also think, if you are going to establish a code of
conduct, once formalized needs to be signed by all Fedora contributors.
This is how projects like GNOME do it and brings forward a commitment at
some level to follow it.  A checkbox similar to CLA in the Fedora
account system should do it.  Since the CLA is getting replaced by a
different agreement, both of these things can be done together I hope.

Rahul