Formal request for approval of the multi-desktop DVD (Re: Board meeting recap, 2010 10-18)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:57:30 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 19.10.2010, 09:46 -0700 schrieb Jesse Keating:

> On 10/19/2010 04:08 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > An updated image is now available at the linked location. Please get it
> > tested and raise any technical concerns you have.
>
> Where are the tools used to produce this?

On every Fedora media and in our repos. They are called coreutils, grub,
mkisofs and vi (or any other editor of your choice).

> If Fedora project is going to
> create and distribute these, the tooling and process needs to be part of
> the release engineering process, and done at the same time as the rest
> of the release materials.

It's only ~ 10 commands. You want a howto in the wiki?

> I quite honestly do not have the time to integrate yet another
> deliverable into our release process now.  We're already at the release
> candidate phase.

I know and I'm really sorry for that. As this effort was done by
volunteers, we all have our dayjobs. Another problem that it took
FAMSCo to long to give us a statement on the budget. I have to admit
that we did start late, but it was not us who delayed everything.

Regards,
Christoph