Regarding re branded Fedora Remixes using Fedora community resources.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Fri Oct 29 19:48:24 UTC 2010

Just to add some more data here, I'll note that this question came up
long ago in the irc-support-sig. What kinds of things should we
support? Whats Fedora? Whats not? etc

Basically we came up with (forgive it for being from the f10
timeframe):

http://jasonfarrell.com/fedora/fedorasupport/what-does-fedora-support.png

So, the thing that matters is:

- Is it based on a Fedora we support (we don't typically support end of
  life releases other than to help people upgrade).

- Does the user have a question that is fedora distro specific? Or is
  it something that is widely applicable to any linux distro or fedora
  derivative.

From what I have seen, I would support Fedora Fusion people to a point,
but if it was discovered to be something that was changed or a package
that is only in Fusion I would refer them to their support. If the remix
became wildly popular, I would suggest they start their own support and
would direct people there for a first cut.

Anyhow, just datapoints. This issue seems way overblown to me and being
discussed before there is any real issue to act on (ie, is there some
case where trying to help someone running a remix is causing problems
for us?)

just my 2cents.

kevin