Seeking feedback and/or approval on CWG working group drafts

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 02:43:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 19:19, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> With all due respect asking the board to handle death penalty cases
> isn't asking the board to be traffic cops. It is a show of respect to
> the board that I trust them more than any other body to put personal
> feelings aside for the good of the project. They more than anyone else
> have that responsibility in my mind.

Death penalty is quite the loaded term. If the board says to Joe Bob
Contributor that they are no longer welcome at Fedora related events,
projects, mailing lists, etc. it is no where the same as we putting
him on a firing line and shooting him. Putting it in such terms does
nothing to further the conversation and just sets people's opinions in
stone before a conversation can be started.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren